Turn in Knitting

by Lea
(Watertown CT USA)

The pattern reads K15(17-19 turn) I have never come across this before.

Comments for Turn in Knitting

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Feb 28, 2021
Turn in knitting
by: Ratchadawan

When knitting involves turn or wrap and turn, it is called "short rows" knitting.

You can look up "short rows knitting" on YouTube and try watching a few. This will give you some idea of how the work goes.

Turning work creates slopes like heel of sock, bust line or shaping shawls into desired curves.

On the pattern you wrote above has 3 sizes. K15 (17 -19 Turn)
You either k15, 17 or 19 and then leave the rest of the stitches that are on the left needle unworked. You flip or turn your work and start working back toward where you started before. You keep going back and forth until whenever the pattern wants to stop.

I hope this makes sense.
Thanks for visiting!


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own comment! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Knitting Questions And Comments.

spring banner


Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.